Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Vivaan's Reflection

Over the course of the trip, I learned several things. I learned about how hard the life out there on skid row is. Before the trip, I had never actually realized just how bad some of the people's conditions got, and how hard it was for them to really make it out of a place like that. I also got to meet various kinds of people at different events including when we were passing flowers out and when we were hosting the events for the kids. I really enjoyed spending time with the kids and it was fun to see them really enjoy the games and events that we had created for them. There were also many lessons that I had learned, like being grateful for my family and to not take simple and basic things like food, water, and a shelter for granted. I also enjoyed spending time with some friends while going around the city. Overall, I think that it was a great experience for us students to come to skid row because I feel like I have really learned a lot about the hard life here but I also enjoyed spending time with others and socializing with the community of Los Angeles.

Final Day Packing Up and Driving Home

Here are some photos from yesterday showing students packing up the tents and spending time at the Griffith Observatory. While we were there...