Thursday, March 28, 2024

Iris' Reflection

During this trip I experienced a lot of great events and heard several inspiring stories. But an event that stood out the most to me was handing out hygiene kits and VBS. We encountered many homeless people with a positive mindset about receiving hygiene kits but we also met some people who didn’t appreciate our existence and contribution. I understood why they were so wary, but their actions also made me wonder what their hardships are they went through. At VBS, the kids were so cute and nice, diligently doing work that was asked for and enjoyed most activities! Another experience was hearing stories of the residents and their recoveries led by God. The stories visibly showed every individual’s courage to share their experience with addicting substances and circumstances/environments. I’m so grateful that I got to experience this service trip and this will definitely be imprinted in my core memories forever! 

Final Day Packing Up and Driving Home

Here are some photos from yesterday showing students packing up the tents and spending time at the Griffith Observatory. While we were there...